Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's New

It has been a full week since my first Evita rehearsal, and I am loving the experience so far. It's been a while since I had this much fun with a show. The cast is fantastic, and I can't wait to start blocking rehearsals this week.

At the same time, I've started trying to come up with my character(s) for the show. As an ensemble member, I'm playing everything from Eva's brother to a member of the military, so I've been trying to make a general profile of each character I am in each song. My favorite one that I have come up with is my character for "Buenos Aires". During the dance, we are serving as the populace of Buenos Aires, Argentina. While thinks she is entering this wonderful world of the big city, the rest of the ensemble are the reality of the city: a dirty, hard place of sin and corruption. The character I am, or the mentality I'm trying to maintain, is a member of the underground crime movement. At one point, the majority of the taxi companies in Buenos Aires were under the control of an organized crime syndicate, who would control the access of taxis to major locations in town; typically they would control the people coming and going through los aeropuertos (airports).

Vaya con Dios, everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment