Sunday, September 28, 2014

This is the Moment/Week!

We are in the throes of tech/hell week currently; cue-2-cue rehearsal yesterday and sitzprobe today.  More often than not I loathe these rehearsals.  They tend to be tedious, and I always get antsy since there is so much stopping and starting.  However, I must say that I always enjoy New Line tech weekends.  Let's break this down real quick:
  • Cue-2-Cue: 
    • Started at 1ish in the afternoon; finished around 6:30.  
    • That 5.5 hours included 
      • excessive gunfights, 
      • one 10 minute break for stretching/use of facilities
      • over 200 light cues.
      • random Charlestoning    
  • Sitzprobe: 
    • Actors required to arrive no later than 12:30, with intent to start at 1.  I wasn't looking at my clock, but I do believe we started on time.   
    • Finished in probably 2.5-3 hours, which is a beautiful thing
    • 16 body microphones, with occasional feedback
    • 7 musicians that sounded amazing (especially the reeds and guitars)
    • The most eclectic choreography and staging you are apt to see anywhere
New Line tech weekends seldom seem like work.  Instead, I find myself seeing the show through a brand new set of eyes (especially with how the lights illuminate this set, it's almost surreal).  Plus, THE NEW LINE BAND KICKS ASS!  Bonnie & Clyde is my fourth show with New Line, and the band always varies from show to show depending on what is required by the score.  Nevertheless, all 7 pieces were on point today.  Let's break down the band too!
  • Jeffrey Carter, Music Director and First Keyboard
  • Sue Goldford, Second Keyboard
  • D. Mike Bauer, Guitars (fun fact: the man loves Little Shop of Horrors)
  • Andrew Gurney, Bass
  • Nikki Glenn, Violin (fun fact: has performed on stage with New Line as well)
  • Robert Vinson, Reeds (fun fact: has played three of my four shows: Evita, Cry-Baby, and B&C)
  • Clarence Newell, Percussion
We preview on Thursday, and Opening Night Party on Friday. For more information, visit http://www.newlinetheatre.com/bonniepage.html

StrawPun Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment